Editorial Team- blkpediatricpractice.com
Centre for Child Health
BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- For less than 1 yr age – 10mg/kg/dose 8 hrly
- For older children- 20 mg/kg /dose 6 hrly (max 4g/day)
- For Adults 800 mg 5 times daily
- In infants- 500mg/m2 /dose as infusion every 8 hrs
- In older children- 10 mg/kg/dose as infusion every 8 hrs
Acyclovir use does not affect incidence of Pruritus or Secondary transmission in children with varicella.
For healthy immunocompetent children ≤12 years, antiviral therapy is not required. Intravenous Acyclovir is indicated at any age with complications of Varicella or for immunocompromised children
Did you find this post helpful?
19 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here