Centre for Child Health, BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- WHO recommends using BMI as an index of being overweight or obese. BMI Correlates well with risk of obesity related medical complications.
- BMI = Weight (kg)/ Height (m2)
- It is Important to use Age & Sex related BMI charts in children.
- BMI > 95thpercentile for age and sex is interpreted as Obesity
- BMI between 85th-95thpercentile for age and sex is interpreted as “Overweight” or “at risk for obesity”.
Did you find this post helpful?
58 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here