The echocardiography measurements of the internal dimension of the proximal coronary segments are expressed as Z scores, which are normalized on the basis of body surface area.
- In children with z score < 2.0 (No coronary abnormality) the low dose aspirin is given for 4-8 weeks till all inflammatory parameters normalize.
- In children with z score 2- 2.5 the low dose aspirin is given for 4-8 weeks till all parameters normalize including the transient coronary dilatation
- In children with z score between 2.5 – 5 the low dose aspirin is given for the long term- Cardiologist and Rheumatologist should be consulted.
- In children with z score 5- 10 the low dose aspirin is given in combination with clopidegrol
- If the z score is > 10 the child needs anticoagulation plus aspirin, needs close monitoring and is at high risk of thrombosis.
Did you find this post helpful?
41 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here