Consultant Pediatrician & Adolescent Counselor
BLK Super Speciality Hospital
Use HEEADSS acronym for evaluation of an adolescent in your office practice.
(Click here for HEEADSS acronym)
Following points should be taken care while evaluating and interviewing an adolescent :
- Start addressing the adolescent as soon as they show maturity & psychological changes associated with puberty.
- It is preferable to conduct the interview when the adolescent is relatively well.
- At every visit , adolescent should be assessed for any new stresses and overall well being.
- Caregivers should not be present during interview because a parents presence is likely to limit the sensitive information the adolescent may provide. However, do not ignore the parents.
- Assure the adolescent of confidentiality.
Did you find this post helpful?
6 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here