Centre for Child Health, BLK Super Speciality Hospital
Parents of all diabetic children should reach their primary care physician in these situations..
- Fever> 100.5 for > 2 days
- The child is unable to eat or drink anything, even small sips of water
- Persistent vomiting & diarrhea
- Blood sugar > 200mg/dl despite insulin dosage adjustment
- Moderate to large ketones in urine
- Unsure of insulin dosage adjustment if ketones are present
- Child shows any symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis : fruity breath, dehydration, dry lips, difficulty in breathing, stomach cramps, etc.
- Child is drowsy.
Did you find this post helpful?
19 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here