Mridul Chandra Das
Centre for Child Health, BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- Children are managed with supportive treatment only. No specific therapy is needed.
- Patient should be on normal diet (no restriction of fat and oily and spicy food)
- Fruit juices and glucose water should not be encouraged as these cause vomiting because of high osmolality.
- Unnecessary use of Intra-venous Fluids is not recommended.
- H2 Blockers or PPIs and anti-emetics should be used only in symptomatic patients.
- Multivitamins may be added.
- Unnecessary medications should be avoided as these may cause drug induced liver injury (DILI) in such patients
- There is no proven role of L-Ornithin L- Aspertic Acid (LOLA) or N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) or ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA)
- There is no role of antiviral drugs in Acute Viral Hepatitis.
Did you find this post helpful?
24 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here