Editorial Team- blkpediatricpractice.com
Centre for Child Health
BLK Super Speciality Hospital
Also referred to as Erb-Duchenne palsy
Old theory : Wail till one year.
New rules of management:
- No immobilization (if no fracture)
- Aggressive occupational therapy with parental education about handling of infant.
- Cookies or Towel Test (Towel test (inability to uncover his or her own face at 6 months), and the cookie test (inability to bring cookie to mouth at 9 months)- needs further evaluation
- MR/Electro-diagnostic test
- Surgery decision by 3 months / 9 months – depending upon the response to Conservative management, as early interventions have shown better outcomes.
Did you find this post helpful?
14 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here