- Age <5 years
- Delay in presentation or diagnosis
- Duration of pain more than 36 hours
- Elevated temperature
- Lab - Leucocytosis, elevated CRP, Hyponatremia,
- Hyponatremia is a novel marker assocaited with complicated appendicitis and may be more predictive than WBC count or age.
- Imaging - On USG Clearly visible appendix or free fluid, presence of a fecolith, extra-luminal air and diameter of the appendix, and periappendiceal inflammatory stranding on ultrasound or CT.
Did you find this post helpful?
28 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here