This is a practice of placing a naked neonate in direct contact with mothers chest. It is recommended for all the newborns who do not require any other intervention. It can be initiated immediately after the birth and continued for at least 1 hour. This practice is useful as it :
1. Maintains temperature of the baby.
2. Stabilizes blood glucose of baby.
3. Provides cardiorespiratory stability.
4. Decreases maternal stress.
5. Promotes early breast feeding.
6. Reduces bleeding in mother.
7. Can also be used as a therapy for cold stress anytime after birth.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here