Centre for Child Health, BLK Super Speciality Hospital
“Sleep Hygiene”term is used for Behavioral and environmental practices that are intended to improve sleep quality.
Sleep hygiene tips:
- The place of sleep should be quiet, comfortable and should have appropriate temperature
- Use bed only for sleeping, not for watching TV, playing, eating or working on laptop or mobile.
- Going to bed and getting out at same times even at weekends
- Try to sleep when feeling tired or sleepy rather than staying awake
- Good to avoid afternoon naps
- Performing sleep rituals induces sleep like brushing teeth, changing night dress
- Frequently checking the clock keeps awake, avoid doing it
- Eat healthy balanced diet, avoid sleeping in empty stomach or overeating
- Doing regular exercise is good for good sleep
- Avoid stimulants like caffeine before sleep
Did you find this post helpful?
12 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here