BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- Onset below one year of age,
- Family history of nephrotic syndrome.
- Nephrotic syndrome with hypertension
- Gross or persistent microscopic hematuria
- Impaired renal function or systemic features like rash, arthritis.
- Complications: severe edema, thrombosis, steroid toxicity, severe infection
- Resistant to 4 weeks of daily steroid therapy
- Frequently relapsing* or steroid dependent nephrotic syndrome**
* Frequent Relapses: Two or more relapses in six months of initial response, or more than three relapses in any twelve months.
** Steroid Dependence : Two consecutive relapses when on alternate day steroids or within 14 days of its discontinuation
Did you find this post helpful?
63 People found this post helpful.
Read more related information, Click Here
If you have a question on some other topic, Click Here